Wednesday, March 14, 2012

What's In a Name

I have always been into photography and lately I have been taking it more seriously.  I have had the notion of possibly doing some photography stuff on the side for a year or so now.  In reality I am still a few months from doing this on a regular basis.  I did however reserve a domain name a few days and that is the subject of this post.  For now just my blogs will be  there and soon maybe I will have a site up.

I reserved www.pavephotography.com and here is why I have chosen this name.  I have had this name in my head for several months now.  Pavé (pa-vay) has a couple different meanings.  Most women know this as a style of jewelry, which has to do with how the gemstones are set.  Most europeans and bicycle enthusiasts know this as a French word for pavement, paving stone, or cobblestone.  I am keying on the latter for a several reasons.  First, as most people know I am a cyclist and a fan of the sport.  So much so that Jonah and I watch most of the cycling events on TV and we are very excited for the spring classics that are starting now.  If you would like to see pavé in action, then watch this YouTube clip from the 2010 Tour of Flanders.  It is a little difficult to tell but they are riding over cobblestone streets.  Secondly, in order to get to our house you will most likely travel on a street covered in pavé.  Lastly, when said correctly it has a nice upscale sound similar to brands like Hermes and Cartier.

So Pavé Photography has been born at least from the internet domain perspective.  

No comments:

Post a Comment