Thursday, March 1, 2012

Together Again


Today my grandmother (Mama) passed away, she was 92.  My grandfather (Poppy) passed away in January approximately 5 weeks ago.


The only thing I can compare this to is the movie The Notebook.  Watch it and you will understand.  I know this is not unique to our family, as I have heard many stories from friends and co-workers to this effect.

I have many memories of my grandma.  When I was younger my mom was in and out of the hospital for surgeries and grandma was usually there to help take care of us.  So even though grandma and grandpa Dobson never lived in the same place as we did, grandma seemed to be around a lot when I was growing up.

Grandma always brought gifts when she visited usually some form of Avon or trinket from a far away place that they just visited.  This might also explain why my mom usually has something for Jonah and Harper when they visit.  I remember everyone raving about her cabbage rolls, that nobody seemed to be able to replicate.  She knew several languages and would tell me that the sub-titles were wrong when we watched old war movies together.  These are just a few memories that I am willing to share, the rest are for me.

Recalling what I wrote when grandpa passed away, it is definitely a different set of memories and emotions.  It must be the mothering aspect that makes this seem tougher than last time.  So my grandparents are back together again watching over what they had a hand in creating.  Mama and Poppy will both be missed and remembered for many many years.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your loss, but so happy that you had them in your life for so long. They are both so special to us all and we knew they would be together soon. Mama always showed us how to love and find the best in everyone. She had a wonderful full life and so enjoyed her family. God bless Mama and Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so special Johnny! I love you baby <3

    ReplyDelete